Monday, January 28, 2013

Sarah Ineson


I don’t remember a time when I wasn’t creating and sewing, beginning with making my own Halloween costumes and PJ’s to designing my prom dress. Trips into New York City to buy fabric and experience costume collections at the MET and FIT inspired me to pursue my love of fashion.

Four years at Kent State University offered many inspirational and rewarding opportunities. While studying abroad for a year, spending a semester in Florence and then New York City, I gained a deeper understanding about myself as a designer and my passion for creating bridal and evening wear. I’ve found that I draw inspiration most often from nature, capturing silhouettes and texture in fabric. My designs have been recognized at several different events, including being chosen best evening/formal wear for my senior collection.

 I feel so lucky to have found a career that I am truly passionate about and the opportunity to make the most important day in a woman’s life that much more beautiful and memorable.

French Lace Gown
This gown is my take on a traditional lace wedding gown, keeping it clean and simple in front and adding texture and volume to the train.



Hydrangea Gown, Tulle Gown and Circle Gown
These gowns are an avant garde mini collection inspired by the texture and colors of a spring sky.














Midnight Gown

This gown is inspired by the brilliance of a clear night sky.

Ruched Gown
This gown started with the challenge to use nontraditional seam lines, which led to the technique of ruching and twisting the fab.